A Thanksgiving Psalm
Psalm 145: A Psalm of Praise, A Psalm of David.
Read this Psalm slowly. Consider each phrase, each attribute of God. Respond to Him with your thoughts, verse by verse.
1. I will extol Thee, my God, O King; And I will bless Thy name forever and ever.
Have you blessed the Lord today?
2. Every day I will bless Thee, And I will praise Thy name forever and ever.
Have you praised His name lately?
3. Great is the LORD, and highly to be praised;
Audibly praise Him, right now!
And His greatness is unsearchable.
Tell Him that you think that He is great.
Recite an example of His greatness to you.
4. One generation shall praise Thy works to another,
Are you sharing Him with your kids?
And shall declare Thy mighty acts.
Tell someone near you what He has done for you.
5. On the glorious splendor of Thy majesty,
Can you envision His splendor?
And on Thy wonderful works, I will meditate.
Stop to think about something He's done for you this week; share it with someone.
6. And men shall speak of the power of Thine
Are you publicly giving God credit for good things?
Awesome acts; And I will tell of Thy greatness.
Give an example.
7. They shall eagerly utter the memory of Thine abundant goodness,
Have you had any God-Sightings this week?
And shall shout joyfully of Thy righteousness.
Try expressing them with JOY!
8. The LORD is gracious and merciful;
What does God's grace mean to you?
Slow to anger and great in lovingkindness.
Has He been patient with you recently? When?
9. The LORD is good to all, And His mercies are over all His works.
Do you sometimes question His goodness?
10. All Thy works shall give thanks to Thee, O LORD, And Thy godly ones shall bless Thee.
Are you a and quot;godly oneand quot;?
What should you be doing then?
11. They shall speak of the glory of Thy kingdom, And talk of Thy power;
Share an example of God's power that you have witnessed.
12. To make known to the sons of men Thy mighty acts, And the glory of the majesty of Thy kingdom.
13. Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, And Thy dominion endures throughout all generations.
Does God ever change? Will His kingdom ever end?
14. The LORD sustains all who fall, And raises up all who are bowed down.
Where is God when you stumble? What posture does He honor?
15. The eyes of all look to Thee, And Thou dost give them their food in due time.
In whose time? Share an example of His timing.
16. Thou dost open Thy hand, And dost satisfy the desire of every living thing.
Is your desire always God's desire? Tell of a time when He changed your desire.
17. The LORD is righteous in all His ways, And kind in all His deeds.
What can cause you to doubt this?
18. The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth.
Does He hear everyone's cry?
19. He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He will also hear their cry and will save them.
20. The LORD keeps all who love Him; But all the wicked, He will destroy.
In what ways has He kept you?
21. My mouth will speak the praise of the LORD; And all flesh will bless His holy name forever and ever.
Open your mouth,Turn toward your neighbor, and say,
PRAISE THE LORD!
Copyright 1998, Dan Kinnoin
Home | Lesson Archives | Upcoming Events | Christian Links